In 2010, Missy Bertolami and her associate Committeeman Tom Helwig developed to inform the residents about candidates and other related information. This is rare for a Committeeperson to do. This work is uncompensated and takes time, just like the rest of the Committee job. This is one of very few such Township Committee websites in Chester County. It is dedicated to West Vincent Township Elections, West Vincent Republicans as well as Chester County and Pennsylvania Elections.
This is the newly updated version of West Vincent GOP. To see the old version, click HERE.
These are our Republican Beliefs.
WE BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.
WE BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.
WE BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.
WE BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn.
WE BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations, and that the best government is that which governs least.
WE BELIEVE most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.
WE BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
WE BELIEVE Americans value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom and human rights throughout the world.
FINALLY, WE BELIEVE the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful government.
If your beliefs are the same, work with us to make a better future for the country, our children and grandchildren.
Our Promise Made in 2012
How have we performed?
IF ELECTED, WE THE CANDIDATES FOR COMMITTEEPERSONS OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF WEST VINCENT TOWNSHIP PROMISE TO:
1. Operate the Committee in compliance with the bylaws of the Republican Committee of Chester County
Prior to the election of the 4 present Republican Committee people, the Republican Bylaws were illegally re-written which took Tom Helwig and Missy Bertolami several months to contest and eventually triumph over. They would not stop fighting to correct what had been changed IMPROPERLY and against the bylaws by the District 1 Committee people (Barbara Dunn and David Brown). Those Committeepeople were defeated in the following election.
2. Openly seek qualified Republican candidates for municipal and local office
For the first time in two decades in West Vincent Township, our committee advertised it was seeking candidates to represent the Republicans of West Vincent Township
3. Hold endorsement meetings to interview and deliberate about candidates for municipal and local office
For the first time in two decades in West Vincent Township, our committee held an endorsement meeting to pick candidates to represent the Republicans of West Vincent Township. They vetted the applicants in order to choose the endorsed candidates. The results of this careful search and deliberation resulted in unseating 8 positions, offering the township a new local government.
4. Attend Republican Committee of Chester County nomination conventions
We have attended them without fail.
5. Distribute Republican Committee of Chester County endorsed candidate campaign literature
Since 2012, we have consistently distributed all campaign material of the Republican Endorsed Candidates and have canvassed the neighborhoods door to door to discuss and introduce the candidates.
6. Support endorsed Republican candidates for office
7. Seek input from registered Republican voters regarding issues of local, county , state and national interest and relay same to Republican Committee of Chester County and Republican candidates for office
As a committee we readily welcome comments from all of the Republican voters we represent. At least one of us attends every Township Board of Supervisors Meeting to understand the resident issues and concerns. We take the time to ask questions and to put forth suggestions.
8. Initiate and maintain a website/blog for the West Vincent Republican Committee that will feature an email address for the Committee and that will publish Committeeperson's contact information
Here it is! One of very few local Republican Committee websites in Chester County!
9. Participate in all Republican Committee of Chester County Area 2 activities
We do without fail
WE KEPT EVERY PROMISE!